Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:20:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike <spork@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Richard H <richh@hit.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tech support

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Richard H wrote:

> Hello, I hope this is the correct addy for tech questions.
>
> 1. When I try to run ppp it says the device cuaa1 is not configured, how do
> I configure that?

You have to "sh MAKEDEV cuaa1" as root from /dev, and possible configure
sio1 in to your kernel. (sio1 should be their if you are using the generic
kernel)

> 2. When I run X windows it runs fine for about 5 - 10 min then crashed and
> locks up the system. It could be partially caused by my graphics card
> because its a Cirrus Logic 5486 AGP card and the card list doesn't have
> that, so I had to use Cl 5464 which is the closes on the card list that they
> have. Could that be the problem? if not where should I look?

What version of X? What version of FreeBSD? Does X leave any logs? (try
startx > startx.log to capture startx's textual output)

If you are not runnign the latest XFree86 (I think it is 3.3.3) you should
upgrade to that, and try again.

> thanks.
> Richard

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.