Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 15:45:07 -0400
From:      wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com (ED WOLPERT )
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Three questions: xterm and /etc/services and packages

Folks-
	I recently upgraded from 2.0R (cdrom) to 2.0.5... basically just
erasing my 2.0, and loading in 2.0.5.  I noticed the following two things:

	1) the /etc/services file was quite incomplete... where telnet isn't
	even defined.  What happened to this?

	2) The xterm (in xfree86 3.1.1u1) doesn't allow the Control-mouse
	button to work, such as for changing size and what not.  I also
	notice that the xarchie package doesn't allow selection from the
	menu... what makes it more strange, the emacs (19.28) works fine with
	the mouse button and control shifts

	3) Have the packages been updated yet?  I noticed that although I
	got xpm-3.4e and fvwm1.24r, if I try to use fvwm, I get a
	libxpm.so error, user defined signal 0.  Same is true for olvwm
	with the xview lib.

The 2.0.5 ppp is much more stable, but I've only been able to look at the ppp
problem, not the pppd since it wasn't in the kernel... I plan to compile it in
tonight.  Good job folks.

                           Virtually,
                           Edward Wolpert

-------------------------------  "The best way out is always
wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com |  through." - Robert Frost
wolpert@utk.edu                |
Truth is what you believe.     |  give you the world.' (tm)

Fnord.