Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:09:46 -0500
From:      "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   I'm back

Hi guys,

I safely returned home after visiting the US. It was a great pleasure to
meet Jerry Hicks there, and well yes...I admittedly almost got drunk
with a single beer :-).

I brought with me several second hand books, and an interesting SONY
VAIO to play around with FreeBSD. If someone has found itīs way setting
the weird parameters in those beasts I'm all ears: it's particularly
disturbing to have to start the windows partition to shutdown the
computer.

I hadn't visited the US since quite some time, as an external visitor it
was interesting to see that while linux is getting to be known, it is
not as popular as slashdot would suggest, and my guess would be that it
will not be ready to compete in the windows market for, at least, ten
more years. FreeBSD is unknown right now, but admittedly we are not a
replacement for Winblows either.

All in all, the US is the land of opportunities, and many things can
(and will) change.

cheers,

    Pedro.