Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:16:58 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   acpi_wmi dependency on acpi_ec

Does acpi_wmi have to depend on acpi_ec so strongly as it does now?

The reason I am asking is that I have a desktop system that seems to provide
"something WMI", but doesn't have an EC:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ga-ma780g-ud3h/acpi.asl

I use the following crude hack:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ga-ma780g-ud3h/acpi_wmi.diff

With the hack acpi_wmi attaches nicely and here is some data:
$ cat /dev/wmistat
GUID                                  INST EXPE METH STR EVENT OID
{ABBC0F6A-8EA1-11D1-00A0-C90629100000}   1 NO   WMAA NO  NO    AA
{05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-00A0C9062910}   1 NO   NO   NO  NO    BA

I am not sure how to proceed next and if I can actually get anything useful with
WMI on this system.
For now I extracted binary MOF file stored in WQBA and used wmimofck utility
(from Windows Driver Kit) on it. The following is the resulting header file:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ga-ma780g-ud3h/wq.h
Any advice on what I could try next?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.
Sorry for packing two distinct questions into the same posting.

--
Andriy Gapon