Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:06:57 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bktr-driver and XFree86 4

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 01:36:54PM +0200, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> I installed today XFree86 6.4.
                           ^^^^^^
What is that?  The latest version of XFree86 is 4.0.1.

> I've got a Miro TV card that works (with
> 6.3) good with the bktr driver. But with XFree86 6.4 I get a very
> strange output from fxtv. The picture spills all over the screen
> independant of the size I have of the screen in fxtv.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem? (The video card is Matrox Millennium
> G400, resolution 1280x1024, color depth 24)
>
> And the version of FreeBSD is 4.1-STABLE cvsup'ed and compiled 8th August.

Just FYI, I'm running:

  bktr0: Hauppauge Model 62471 A (Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236
         NTSC FM tuner, dbx stereo)
  Matrox MGA G400 AGP
  FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE (circa August 19)
  XFree86 Version 4.0.1
  fxtv-1.02

and it works well.  I've been running bktr + X on a couple of machines
since about June 1998 and I haven't seen the type of problem you are
describing.

Perhaps you should post a description of your problem, the actual
versions of FreeBSD + X you are running, and the output of `fxtv -debug
startup' to freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org.  Maybe the folks there can
help.

Good luck,
--