Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:24:27 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>, Alex <alex@aspenworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of ports and descriptions ?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Alex wrote:
>
> >  Just spend 20 minutes searching the freebsd.org site for the old list
> > of ports and short descriptions. Seems those links have dissappeared.
> > freebsd.org/ports isn't a clue.
>
> Uh, www.freebsd.org/ports - click on a category - it tells you everything
> in that category w/ a short description for each.  Long descriptions are
> one click away.
>
> Brett

You can have the same thing on your pc, and more current as
occasionally I will find the website does not have a listing for an
existing port. Simply cd to /usr/ports, then type "make readmes". When
it completes, point your browser at file /usr/ports/README.html.

--
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    And what does THIS button do??