Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 07:42:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        laszlo vagner <vagner@mutsgo.kf7nn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: afterstep 1.4

> i downloaded the port

You downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org the afterstep144 port?  I'll assume
this and move on.

> ran configure
> ran xmkmf
> ran make Makefiles
> ran make and get this error.

Why the heck are you doing this w/ the port????

If you really downloaded the port, then you shouldn't do this.  Since I'm
the maintainer, you can grab a copy of the port from my machine:

	http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/afterstep-devel.tar.gz

You can also grab it from:

	ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/x11/afterstep144

> /root/AfterStep-1.4.5.55N6 >

AH - this is NOT the port.  You downloaded source.  The port is for
version 1.4.5.3, not the .55N6 version.  Some things have changed and I
haven't ported it yet.  In fact I haven't even looked for the patches to
take it to N6 - I've only seen 1.4.5.55N.

There aren't that many changes from the 1.4.5.53 version.  Just download
the port and use it.   :-)

Brett
Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

But Master, does not the fire need water too?
Does not the mountain need the storm?  		- Beavis