Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2012 03:47:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Eighner <portsuser@larseighner.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   using i386 ports on amd64

I was a little bewildered to discover my machine was amd64 when
it had two Celeron processors.*  Well, I don't have to understand how that
works on the corporate level, but that left a number of things I use
stranded as

ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386

among them graphics/zgv.

Because I am a life-on-the-edge I have discovered that some of them actually
will compile and run on this machine, and in particular that once I subverted
the ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= graphics/zgv got recompiled and reinstalled during the
PNG bump which we are all having fun with right now.

So have I armed a ticking time bomb that will somehow blow up an orphanage
somewhere down the road?

*
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU      \
   E3400  @ 2.60GHz (2599.95-MHz K8-class CPU)
   Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x1067a  Family = 6  Model = 17  \
Stepping = 10
   Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,\
PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
   Features2=0x400e3bd<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,\
PDCM,XSAVE>
   AMD Features=0x20000800<SYSCALL,LM>
   AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
   TSC: P-state invariant
real memory  = 2147483648 (2048 MB)
avail memory = 2041958400 (1947 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <7529MS A7529400>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 2 core(s)
  cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
  cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1

--