Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:44:27 +0900 (KST)
From:      Huidae Cho <hdcho@geni.knu.ac.kr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ahc driver panic

Hi, all

I have some problem with my Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter.
I've installed 4.1-RELEASE few days ago and it worked well with GENERIC kernel
provided with release.  Thereafter I found that SoundBlaster Live! value made
noise when mp3 played.  So i cvsuped to 4.1.1-STABLE and sound bug fixed.
However, ahc driver doesn't work correctly.

After cold boot, ahc driver complains as follows while booting:

----------
ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter> port 0xa400-0xa4ff mem 0xe1800000-0xe1800fff
irq 5 at device 10.0 on pci0
aic7870: Single Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
.
.
.
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
panic: ahc0: brkadrint, Scratch or SCB Memory Parity Error at seqaddr = 0x0
----------

Reboot after 15 seconds.

After warm boot, boot process is ok.

What's going on?

In addition, I tried to insert AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO into config file and turn off
Parity Checking in SCSI BIOS.  All these couldn't help me.

Panic source is in
	/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.c
	->	ahc_handle_brkadrint()
		->	panic("%s: brkadrint, %s at seqaddr = 0x%x\n", ...)

System spec.:

Athlon 800Mhz with ASUS A7V, 128MB and etc.
Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter
SoundBlaster Live! value

Does any one help me?
Thanks in advance.