Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:43:38 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "G.B.Naidu" <gbnaidu@sasken.com>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP stack performance...

On Thursday 12 June 2003 05:16 am, G.B.Naidu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for information on performance of the FreeBSD TCP/IP stack
> in terms of:
> - Number of TCP sessions it supports
> - Number of New Connections/sec
>
> Is there any documentation available to get this information.

It's pretty hard to tell how you could document that without knowing what
hardware you're interested in.  I daresay the range of performances is
quite wide, varying between 486-class systems running at 100 MHz or so to
multiprocessor P4/Athlon/IA64/UltraSPARC class processors running on high
end machines.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com