Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 09:22:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      edmund jones <edmundj3@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   device install and config

Hi, O Greatones

Thankyou again for your past response. However I have
the same problem, with abit more knowledge about the
OS.-- When I did the initial install I thought I could
add the CD device later and I did only the basic load
ie., no dists or kernel sources. except freeX86. My
latest attemps were to add the device at boot in
config>. But I don't find anyway to get the OS to
probe or "add" a device parameter to the tree, the
other devices are loaded but there is no CD type among
them, even tried booting CD from bios only. Is there
any way to force the OS to query for the CD attached,
I loaded kld CD9660 and got a vfs loaded mesg -but can
not load device parameters. If You don't have an
resolve I'll try reinstall. 'course it would be cooler
to fix this.
Hope you can help.