Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:04:18 +0200
From:      Roger Olofsson <240olofsson@telia.com>
To:        Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@waagmeester.co.za>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: eclipse install

Coert Waagmeester skrev:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the best way to install eclipse on FreeBSD 7.2?
>
> On Linux I installed java, and downloaded the newest eclipse.
>
> Regards,
> Coert

Hi Coert,

I had an issue some time back and I posted this to the list. I don't
know if it'll help you.

------
Dear mailing list,

I don't know if anyone has noticed or if it's my machine having stale
ports but it seems that to make eclipse 3.4.1 working on FreeBSD 7.1
STABLE with diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_4 you need to do the following:

Do _not_ make clean until you have made:
  cp
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.freebsd.x86/gtk/library/libswt*
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386/client/

It seems like make install builds the swt-gtk:s but that the .jar
somehow 'misses' adding them in.

/Roger
------