Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 21:42:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports building problem on AMD based systems!

Dear Sirs.
This seems to be a curiosity:

We run several serving systems around here, all FBSD 4.3 boxes as cvsupdated
4 days ago. I realized that on all AMD based systems (TBird machines, in
/etc/make.conf is CPUTYPE=k7 set) I have problems to compile ports! They
compile without problem on all other SMP machines based on Intel PIII or
PII chips!

xv, mtools and several other reports while patching: which file to patch?
This message does not appear on Intel machines with nearly the same
configuration.

I delete the whole ports tree and cvsupdated it again but the phenomenon
is still the same. Does anyone realized this, too?

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)