Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 14:43:51 +0930
From:      "Garth Kidd" <garth@dogbert.systems.sa.gov.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0 serial mice -- wauugh!

On Mar 8,  9:17, Michael Smith wrote:

>> Oi!  You with the funny shorts!

On Mar 8,  9:59, Garth Kidd replied:

> As penance for this unwarranted (but, as anyone who's seen the shorts in
> question, accurate) remark about my satorial splendour (or lack thereof),
> Michael is going to help me track this down off-list.
>
> If he doesn't, I'm going to start talking about bike-shorts :).

Michael's bike-shorts are safe; it seems that my serial hardware died
shortly after giving me the results I've been madly trying to duplicate for
a day and a half.  Some new hardware later, the mouse is working.  Thanks
to all who pointed out solutions which, hardware forgiving, did the trick.

As my own penance for not checking the hardware earlier, I offer a port of
the latest ssh, version 1.2.13.  If you want to keep up or (like me) have
been frustrated that the ssh port on the mirrors doesn't work because the
mirrors of the ssh distribution have updated, just yell and I'll mail you a
copy.  It's tiny.

[I'll also be posting it to freebsd-ports.]

--
garth@pisces.systems.sa.gov.au     | Garth Kidd
 +61-8-207-7740 (voice)            | Professional Services Division