Date:      Sun, 4 May 2014 20:44:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Make loosing a variable (emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions)

Hi,

emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions always fails for me in the stage
installation, so today I looked a bit further:

Bad:
install  -o root -g wheel -m 444
/usr/obj/ports/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions/work/VirtualBox-4.3.10/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bin/additions/vboxvideo_drv_.so
/usr/obj/ports/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions/work/stage/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so

Good:
install  -o root -g wheel -m 444
/usr/obj/ports/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions/work/VirtualBox-4.3.10/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bin/additions/vboxvideo_drv_17.so
/usr/obj/ports/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions/work/stage/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so

The difference between bad and good are the 17 missing in the shared
object name. The bad line is created in a clean build and the good line
if one invokes the install target immediately after that failed one.

Is make really loosing a variable here or could this be a parallelization issue in the upstream build system?

--
Melvyn