Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:49:49 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with MyLex KZPAC PCI RAID controller

Hello,

I have tried to install FreeBSD 4.5 (Release(?)) on a Digital Server =
5000
Model 5303 6533A.
It has a MyLex KZPAC PCI RAID Controller. I manage to boot the CD and
everything seems fine until the file copying starts.
When the copying is around 23% of / it comes to a complete halt and i =
get
ALOT of errors like
"mlx0: I/O error - attempt to write beyond end of drive"
I've read the mailinglists and found that this was a problem in 4.3 =
(i386)
(mailinglist "current", may 2001).
So I tried to put the MyLex controller in an i386 machine. I still had =
the
disks in the alpha. This worked fine!

I guess my question is: Why isn't the alpha driver updated while the =
i386
driver is? (I really hope that someone just forgot and it's VERY simple =
fix!:)

=D8ystein