Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:40:38 +0200
From:      Guy Van Sanden <n.b@myrealbox.com>
To:        Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB storage "dongles" and umass driver

Hi Tom

As far as I know, if the device is USB mass storage, it is generic.
That protocol is just SCSI over USB, so should be as generic as SCSI
once was.

On Linux, all USB-mass storage devices (including digicams) are
supported using only one driver, I guess it should be the same on
FreeBSD.

If you plug it in, try cdrecord -scanbus to see if it is connected.

Good luck

Guy