Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:38:51 +0200
From:      Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba Portege 4010 - Reset USB after suspend/resume?

Hi.

I recently got a Toshiba Port=E9g=E9 4010 on which I installed FreeBSD
4.6-STABLE. After a suspend/resume, the laptop seems not to react to
any USB peripheral addition/removal.

beeblebrox# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000), AcerLabs(0x0000), re=
v 0x0100
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: low speed, power 50 mA, config 1, N48 mouse(0xc001), Logite=
ch(0x046d), rev 0x0400
 port 3 powered

Not only does usbdevs need 10 seconds to complete, but also it displays
the same information whenever I remove the mouse. The bus seems to be
stuck in the same state it was in before I suspended the laptop.

Is there a way to "reset" the bus?

  Sam
--=20
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@inf.enst.fr