Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:38:00 -0600
From:      Alan Weber <aaweber@austin.rr.com>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD System Administration Manager -Forwarded

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 09:12:40PM +1000, Greg Black wrote:
--> > After you have tested FreeBSD System Administration Manager v1.6
--> > would you help me promote what will seriously change the way people
--> > Administrate FreeBSD Systems in the News Flash?
-->
--> Why will it change the way people administer FreeBSD systems?

Because we can administer FreeBSD systems the HP-UX way and those admins
who only know HP-UX will feel comfortable with FreeBSD. Seriously, a
poke the screen with a mouse administration tool will give FreeBSD a
level of parity with Red Hat in the eyes of new windows users. While I
will continue to directly edit rc/conf files, many people are not
comfortable with such an approach (e.g. the fuss raised over *.ini files
in windows). Is this product going to be expensive? or will it be donated
to the freebsd project?
--
When I was a kid I had to rub sticks together to multiply and divide numbers.
A calculator was a job description.