Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:28:00 +0000
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Steve Wingate <steve@velosystems.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble building ports

In message <20011216103357.4bf8044d.steve@velosystems.net>, Steve
Wingate <steve@velosystems.net> writes
>Did you build a new kernel also?

Yep, just used GENERIC with a few minor tweaks so I knew it would boot.
Mindlessly I forgot and tried building a port today and it was fine, so
I did a few more.  Most seem to build okay, but things like MySQL server
and some libraries like JPEG fail.  I figure it might be worth nuking my
ports collection and running cvsup on it again.

Further input still welcome though :-)

Kevin

kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk