Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:51:44 -0500
From:      "Schroeder, Aaron" <Aaron.Schroeder@qg.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BSOD under FreeBSD?

Good morning everyone!

Has anyone else seen a problem when using a Matrox video card (seemingly any
variety) with XFree86-4.2, when the card is plugged into a 64-bit slot, that
the machine "blue-screens" and then goes back to the SRM? It does not do a
machine check type error, it just reboots, per se.

I have set my pci_device_override to -1. That made no difference, the only
thing that does work is when I put the video card in a 32-bit slot. But,
then the video performance is severely, well, lacking.

Anyone have any thoughts/experiences on this?

AJ Schroeder