Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:04:37 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        re-builders@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting 5.2-BETA

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:16:31PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> All,
>
> In order to get the 5.2 release cycle kick started again, I'm starting
> the 5.2-BETA build now.  I'll definitely take care of x86 and alpha, but
> I have about 50% confidence in getting sparc64 done, so I welcome anyone
> that would like to step in and help.  amd64, ia64, and pc98 need to be
> built too.  Please ACK this message if you can take care of a platform.

I'll handle ia64, but I'll be taking a different approach. I made a
snapshot just after the code freeze (20031119) and do not plan to
build RCs unless there are fixes that I want to have tested. Previous
releases were just too much work and no benefit at all. I expect at
this time that I'll only build the final release.

Note: If re@ feels that it's better to have at least one RC available
on the mirrors, let me know.

FYI,