Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      just matt <matt@dqc.org>
To:        Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No sound with fxtv

This model, 400, isn't supposed to have an FM radio tuner on it, just the
television tuner with the dbx-sterio option.  I checked the audio levels
for everything with mixer:

% mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  90:90
Mixer bass     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer treble   is currently set to  75:75
Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  95:95
Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer igain    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  75:75

so nothing is wrong with the sound config.  I believe you are right about
the audio production only being done on the 3430G chip rather than going
straight from the tuner to the audio output, though without the FM radio
support I fail to see the reasoning behind doing so.  But mine is not to
question why...  I bought this card used, but it came in a shrinkwrapped
retail package, so I know it isn't supposed to tune to FM radio stations.
hrm.  It's a US tuner so seeing as it only decodes NTSC signals doesn't
surprise me.  I'll take a look at the data sheet, though I can't say I've
worked on this bt848 driver whatsoever, so it probably won't make a whole
lot of sense.  Also, I tried including a kernel config options options
BKTR_NO_MSP_RESET and did a soft boot after initializing the windoze
driver with no luck, so that is out.

		Matt