Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 15:51:33 -0700
From:      "G.R.Gircys" <rich@oester.com>
To:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adaptec 154X support

Bill/Carolyn Pechter wrote:

> It should work.  I did have problems with my 1542B and put in a CF and
> found that the problem was a SCSI-1 drive that thought it was SCSI-2.
> I disabled disconnect and sync negotiation on the old HP troublemaker
> under the CF and it's been fine.  The 1542B worked in the system as well
> with the correct jumpering.

i do have a disk jumper problem. this is an old fujitsu drive; had sync problems
with it before on various os's.

i disabled sync - much better, get's a lot further but still got panic eventually
(CCB erros) - so i try this jumper to select scsi I instead of II - this did not
work at all. can't find any jumper to control disconnect - will play some more
and post results (if any).

> I'll try to put a system together to test the 1542B this weekend.

don't bother - from other responses it's obvious freebsd does support old adaptec;
from your response, it's pretty obvious to me that i have to play with disk config
jumpers.

thnx,

rich