Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:59:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        maillist@candle.pha.pa.us, scrappy@hub.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG, pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

 * > One other solution is to make a symbolic link from libtcl8.1.so to

 * This is what FreeBSD USED TO do.  This was removed, to the point that

Can you guys stop talking about tcl now?

We've gone through this before many, many times, and the only reason
why we are doing things the way it is now is because we found out (the
hard way, i.e., we tried pretty much everything) that no other method
works for something as large and diverse as the ports collection.

Satoshi