Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 12:01:18 -0700
From:      Sarath ER <sarath@linuxtechs.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL reinstall

Hi Kris,

Infact I did try the make buildworld but i dont want to reinstall the
entire base, as I read somewhere that it would overwrite /etc. I tried
make -f Makefile.ssl in /usr/src/crypto/openssl and it didnt work. Looks
like I am taking the wrong route. I cant do a full upgrade because the
server is in a datacenter and I have only ssh access to it. And I do not
know if it would fail to boot in case of a problem during the reinstall
of base. Is it possible to only reinstall the openssl  from crypto?

- Sarath