Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:38:48 +1000
From:      Tim Robbins <tjr@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADI AD1980 6-channel audio

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 03:16:19PM +0000, Mark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I plan to install FreeBSD 4.9R-p4 on an ASUS K8V Deluxe board. The board has
> an oboard ADI AD1980 6-channel audio chip. Is that supported? The 4.9R
> hardware compatibility list does not list a whole lot of devices.

I have this same board. FreeBSD 5.2.1/amd64 supports all of the onboard
hardware, including sound, network, USB 2.0, VIA ATA/SATA, Promise SATA,
and FireWire. ACPI support is also fully functional. I haven't tried 4.9,
but I expect that most are supported; out of interest, though, why are
you not running an amd64 release?

Tim