Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 20:05:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Sean T. Lamont  .lost." <zeno@serv.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Oddity with divert sockets

I have a private network routed to the internet using divert/ipfw. It
works great, except for one small oddity ; ftp connections are timing
out and/or closing, even though there's nothing being divert'ed. (it's
run with a source address of the actual address, not the divert'ed
address.) Without running divert, it works great. It also works great
ftp'ing from the internal network with mac/pc systems. As a matter of
fact, this is the one place I've found divert sockets not to work properly.

for reference, I'm running natd as:
use_sockets
unregistered_only
same_ports
log
alias_address x.x.x.x

Also, the ip firewall is basically 'pass anything' right now.

Any clue? If this isn't a general problem, I don't care a huge amount,
since it's just an issue ftp'ing directly from the proxy, but it's a little
obnoxious.

Sean T. Lamont, President / Chief NetNerd, Abstract Software, Inc. (ServNet)
- Internet access * WWW hosting * TCP/IP * UNIX * Java &  WWW Development -
email: lamont@abstractsoft.com              WWW:  http://www.serv.net
"...There's no moral, it's just a lot of stuff that happens". - H. Simpson