Date:      Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:00:31 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Chuck Burns <break19@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update /usr/src/ using SVN and "make update"?

--------------enigA9E1B0D666FD6EFFA5FA23FF

On 12/10/11 14:51, Chuck Burns wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:35:27 AM Chuck Burns wrote:
>> Here is quick, hackish patch to allow your make update to work, it app=
ears
>> that the Makefile.inc1 does not include the full path to svn, while it=
 does
>> include the full path to cvs and other tools, this makes me think that=
 the
>> user path is ignored (which is a good thing)
>>
>=20
> Heh, I am notorious for overthinking things.  My bad.. yes, just add
> SVN=3D/usr/local/bin/svn
> to your /etc/make.conf file
>=20
>  --
> Chuck Burns
Hello.

I did this already, since it looked logical to me.
It isn't simply about "please add ..." hakish things. If there would be
no objection, it is a nice move to have the SVN variable setting
mentioned in the man page for make.conf.

If it isn't opportune to have the user-path in the system's search path,
then a note should be droped into the manpage to inform the admin or
user to set the SVN variable properly.

Oliver