Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:30:16 GMT
From:      Sayetsky Anton <vsjcfm@gmail.com>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/169479: www/firefox always adds -O0 to CFLAGS

The following reply was made to PR ports/169479; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sayetsky Anton <vsjcfm@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:15:51 +0300

 > Currently, Firefox (and other mozilla ports) does not build with base gcc on higher optimization levels.
 Thank you for info.
 But this is absolute incorrect way. Ports must not force user to
 change his own preferences and build settings.
 I think that more correct way is add an option like following:
 OPTIMIZATION   Support for optimization levels higher than O0 (needs gcc 4.6+)
 And when user selects it, port must pull in required toolchain.