Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 23:56:00 +0100
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        100523.2153@compuserve.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PANASONIC CD-ROM support

> I have a 486 system with IDE disk and  non SCSI
> Panasonic CDROM
> Is there any way to install to my system  FreeBSD 2.0  ?

YES !
Read the docs on the cd-rom,
to read the rom, install dos, & a dos cd driver,
then read in the docs you'll find by browsing the cdrom,
also make a bindist directory on your dos fdisk partition,
& read the files across from cd to hard disk.

You'll also find that FreeBSD supports sl/ip, so if you ahve a 2nd 3/4/586
around, & it can run the cd-rom under dos or nt or something, with an ftp support software , thats another way ...
or if you have a friend with an ethernet & a cd drive .. buy an ether card too,
theyre very cheap now (~50 DM @ ~2.3 DM/Sterling or 1.7ish DM/$US)

Julian S	jhs@freebsd.org