Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:29:20 -0600
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        Vladimir Botka <vlado@botka.homeunix.org>
Cc:        Ryan R <air.lightz@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken kde3 from ports, not downloading what it's supposed to. Will not compile; need advice please.

Vladimir Botka wrote:

> There are no kde-3.5.1 packages available. AFAIK.
> Maybe on the 6.1-BETA1-i386-disc2.iso ?

That would be an important factor, obviously. If you simply must
have a thing and there's only one way to get it, then you have to do
what you have to do.

But my point still holds; if trying to be bleeding edge and
compiling from source is confusing, bothersome /and/ not required,
the simplest solution is "well, don't do that". =)

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348