Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2019 09:56:48 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to handle go dependencies

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 8:21 AM Danilo G. Baio <dbaio@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 11:58:49AM +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I just prepare the gitlab-ce upgrade to version 12.0.0.
> > But I have some problem with a package that uses go to compile.
> >
> > The new version of devel/gitaly has changed the way the package is defi=
ned.
> > They removed now all files from the vendor/ folder and add dependencies
> > in a `go.mod` file.
> >
> > If I now build the port it tries to fetch the files while no network
> > access is allowed.
> >
> > What is the correct way to getting these dependencies fetched and
> > correctly included into the work-source in the fetch step using go?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Gru=C3=9F
> > Matthias
> >

> Try this and remove the go.mod file
>
> ports-mgmt/modules2tuple
> https://github.com/dmgk/modules2tuple
>
> Examples:
> net/geoipupdate
> shells/antibody

Just a note here, both those ports are mine, and I have no idea if
that's the right thing to do; it built right so I did it. I don't
understand Go packaging at all, and I'd sure appreciate someone with
Go knowledge verifying whether removing go.mod is the proper thing to
do.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger