Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 00:10:54 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with ssh port ?

Hi.

I decided to try and upgrade my ssh to 1.2.21 (the latest version in the ports).
I'm running 2.2-STABLE, and have had no problems with ssh before this one.

I tried building the files concerned manually and adding -I/usr/include/arpa/,
but that didn't help.

Does anybody have any suggestions ?

cc -pipe -L/usr/local/lib -o ssh ssh.o sshconnect.o log-client.o readconf.o hostfile.o readpass.o  tildexpand.o clientloop.o canohost.o  idea.o  rsa.o randoms.o md5.o buffer.o emulate.o packet.o compress.o  xmalloc.o ttymodes.o newchannels.o bufaux.o auth
fd.o authfile.o  crc32.o rsaglue.o tss.o cipher.o des.o match.o arcfour.o mpaux.o  userfile.o signals.o blowfish.o   -L/usr/lib -lgmp -L/usr/lib -lz -lwrap -lcrypt -L/usr/local/lib  -lutil
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
newchannels.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
newchannels.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
218=[root@chain] /usr/ports/security/ssh#

---
Khetan Gajjar   -   whois kg1779 | khetan@iafrica.com or khetan@os.org.za
http://chain.iafrica.com/~khetan | PGPKey : finger khetan@chain.iafrica.com
UUNET Internet Africa Support    | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
MOTD : In a world without fences who needs Gates?