Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 12:21:31 +0000
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail - masquerading user name

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:19:27AM -0400, User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:
> 	This is the only way I have tried with Earthlink.  I'll have to see if
> regular SMTP will work too.  I don't think there is too much of a difference
> between the two.  I believe ESMTP allows passing of info about a message
> regarding whether it is regular mail or MIME in the commands used to talk
> with other mail relays.
OK.

> 	How are you using yahoo for an outbound SMTP relay?  I have a mail
> account with them but was not able to set up SMTP before.  I'm not able to auth
> with the server for outgoing mail.  I am able to pull down mail fine from there
> with fetchmail.

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.mail.yahoo.com')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`yahoo.com')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

This is my mc file.
The only other thing I did was create the genericstable like you showed me;

david   sky_tracker@yahoo.com

and created the genericstable.db file;

makemap hash /etc/mail/genericstable.db < /etc/mail/genericstable

If I recall correctly, you have to go to your set options at your yahoo
mail site to enable smtp/pop send/collection of mail.

If you do this the same as I, you must be able to send with yahoo.
I have no choice but to send with yahoo, because questions@freebsd.org does a
reverse dsn check on the domain name and for some reason all of my _paid_ for
email addresses do not have reverse dns.

Thanks for your help once again. Good luck.