Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:24:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        <rorya+freebsd.org@TrueStep.com>, Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   6.4-RC2 crashes after a few minutes of uptime

>Ok, guess something is amiss with the CD-ROM drive on this notebook,
>as
in GNOME, it flashes an icon of a CD on the desktop from time to
>time, as if
it has detected a disc in the drive. But of course there
>is no disc in the
drive. I believe it did the same with 6.3 though,
>but as said before didn't
ever panic due to this issue.

>So, some anecdotal info, after running RC2 for
a few days now. It
>seems the pattern is that it seems to always panic a few
minutes after
>a first cold boot, but then seems to remain stable after the
second
>boot. Odd, as with 6.3 this didn't happen. So, I happened to catch
>panic while working in the syscons console after one of these cold

>boots. As far as I can tell,  the panic does have something to do with
>the
the CD-ROM drive, as right after I saw this message on the
>console, it
immediately paniced:

>acd0: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW read data overrun 18>0
>

>and then the panic is as follows:
>
>kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
>

>Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>fault virtual address			= 0x78

>fault code				= supervisor read, page not present
>instruction pointer			=
0x20:0xc06d39b9
>stack pointer				= 0x28:0xca865c10
>frame pointer				= 0x28:
0xca865c14
>code segment				= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>					= DPL 0,
pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
>processor eflags			= resume, IOPL = 0
>current process
			= 19 (swi6: task queue)
>trap number				= 12
>panic: page fault
>Uptime:
1h9m7s
>Physical memory: 179MB
>Dumping 43MB: 28 12
>Dump complete

Hi Rory,

did you see my replies or are you missing them for any reason?

Your panics and
some aspects about how they happens look like mine to me, look here:
http:
//lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-October/045865.html

Unfortunately I got no answer about that and I've had no comment in the pr I've
filed http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128076
I wonder if someone had
the time to look at it.