Date:      Fri, 2 May 1997 12:21:23 -0400
From:      "Steve Sims" <SimsS@IBM.Net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Hackers" <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SPAM target

>On Thu, 1 May 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>> Apparently this sleaze is using our mailing lists as a target (I just
got
>> 3 of them):
>>
>> Subject: Add LIVE Girls to your website!
>>
>> Want to increase your profits by adding LIVE strippers to your adult
website?

Now wait just a dog-gone minute, guys....  This could be the big-time break
FreeBSD is looking for!  I'll bet most Linux sites don't have LIVE
STRIPPERS on THEIR pages!  (Yet!)

We could even have a big theme based on this.  Heck, we've had strip(1)
since (quoting the manpage) "Version 1 AT&T UNIX"; we oughta spread the
word!

Never miss an opportunity for product differentation, I always say!

Ducking & running, now.....

...sjs...