Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:35:41 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        <fherda@herda.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Version 2.2.2 Boot Floppy

Frank A. Herda writes:
 > Please advise where I can get a good copy of boot.flp,
 > the version on the cd-rom causes a double panic and
 > then hangs with a syncing disks message.
 >
 > I tried all the copies on the main ftp site and get the
 > same message.

I saw this just this afternoon.  Funny, I installed a couple of systems
via ftp a few weeks ago and had no problem at all.  Any help here?
Should I scare up that version of the boot floppy?  What gives?

We were installing on a P5/166, 48Mb RAM, and had removed everything
from the system but the IDE disk & CD-ROM, floppy, SVGA, and AHA-2940UW
with a Zip drive.