Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 15:45:45 -0500
From:      "Robert Banniza" <robert@rootprompt.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: JFS

I have to agree with Dave on this. Working with large Sybase and Oracle
installations, I see the advantages of transaction logging every day. While
it is somewhat different than FS logging, I have wanted to see this on
FreeBSD for some time. One of the reasons I keep Linux around rather than
going with all FreeBSD is b/c of Reiser and friends. If logging had a
downside in the industry, IBM, HP, SGI and SUN wouldn't be using it in their
filesystems.

Robert