Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 14:54:53 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        matt@bdd.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: top reports inaccurate swapinfo

> Although I compiled top again right after building a new kernel, it is
> displaying swap info that is *completely* wrong.  With 30 or 40 processes
> swapped out, top tells me that only 64k of swap is in use.

If you're using the same version of the kernel, it should "just work"
without having to be re-compiled.

If you've upgraded to -current, you'll need to build top using the
-current port. (Not sure about -stable, but I'd have thought a simple
re-compile would suffice).

If you're trying to do something strange like running a 2.2 kernel on
a 2.1 system, this is not recommended and there may be other problems
waiting to trip you up...

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk