Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:11:52 -0800
From:      "Mike Maltese" <mike@pcmedx.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Subject:   Re: Poor SCSI disk preformance

> It should go faster than 5MB/sec, though.  Seagate's specs say that
> drive should do 14MB/sec max.  UW's top speed is 40MB/sec, so there
> shouldn't be any bottlenecks.

14MB/s is the maximum internal transfer rate. Also, we're talking about
write performance here, which will likely be quite a bit slower than read
performance. As I said before, a more realistic number should be had with
rawio or by measuring actual real-world transfers. Unless all you do is
write zeros with dd all day long, I don't think that that is the best
measure of performance.