Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:03:26 GMT
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   CF reader luns have to be scanned manually

I have a a "Hama 6 in 1 USB memory card reader".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000ZGZG8

It appears as four LUNs (SD, CF, SM, and MS cards).  The first appears
when I plug in the device:

 da0: <Generic USB SD Reader 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
 da0: 650KB/s transfers
 da0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present

but to get the others I have to scan the bus manually.  So for example
after "camcontrol rescan 4:0:1" I get:

 da1: <Generic USB CF Reader 1.01> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
 da1: 650KB/s transfers
 da1: 30MB (62976 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 30C)

(which is the device I really want).

Can I arrange for all the LUNs to be attached when I plug in the device?

-- Richard