Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:05:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Tom <tom@sdf.com>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Subject:   Re: Serial Keyboards

On 24-Mar-98 Greg Lehey wrote:
> The way I see it, getty's the wrong level.  This is the system
> console, and it should be able to handle X, for example.

Assumptions... On my part, probably.  Unless /dev/console is used and
configurable.  Except for X, getty should (maybe is not) be fine, as it
established stdio streams for its children.

It is (was) possible in X11 to specify each resource explicitly.
But I am talking from faded memory, not from cold, hard, reality.