Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:04:28 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv 0.41

> I haven't noticed anything from the european/PAL people lately, are there
> any PAL improvements laying around that need to be incorporated into
> the driver?

Not from me.

The problems I thought I had turned out to be due to my cheapo S3
virge card with DRAM not being able to handle the bandwidth, and the
driver was losing lots of frames.  If I reduce my X resolution,
it works fine.

Incidentally, the frames-per-second ioctl looks all wrong: it does
"temporal decimation" by fields, which means that the RISC program
doesn't see alternate odd-even fields as it expects.  Also it assumes
60Hz.  Can someone confirm that it doesn't work under NTSC either?

I mailed Randall about adding channel-set selection to fxtv.

-- Richard