Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 07:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
Cc:        Brent Rector <brentr@tccsweb.com>, Pete Vanderburgh <peterv@verio.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Religious Propoganda.

On Sun, 9 May 1999, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:

> While I agree that message did not belong here, how often does a thing like
> that happen here? Is it really worth delaying the flow of messages because
> of an occasional bad apple? (Surely you cannot sit at the computer 24/7 and
> let all good messages pass through immediately.)
>
> Now, if it were to become a regular thing, it may be worth having a human
> filter. But so far, that has not been the case.

Adam -

We seem to have had a couple instances of `fetish mail' of late.
And the `my god is bigger than your god' stuff gets pretty tedious.
I would vote, if I had a vote, to block this stuff - if it were possible
to do so without having the cure be worse than the symptom.

The perl-dbi mailing list blocks posts from non-subscribers...
(www.fugue.com/dbi, if you're interested.)

This might prove more useful than making a human sift rubbish.

> Abusus non tollit usum.

Semper Paratus.  ;-)

Cheers,
Tom
----
         North Richmond Community Mental Health Center

         Thomas Good   Information Systems Coordinator
         E-Mail:       tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
         Phone:        718-354-5528
         Fax:          718-354-5056

                 Empowered by PostgreSQL 6.3.2