Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:14:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Navigator problem in -current

Hi,

I moved to -CURRENT on Dec 10th.  I pkg_deleted all my old -STABLE ports
and reinstalled from scratch so everything would be ELF.

Problem - I can't get Netscape Navigator to run. I saw this mentioned
before in -current so I scanned through the archive and the recommended
fix was to copy an aout version of libXt.so.6.0 into /usr/X11R6/lib/aout
and then do an

	ldconfig -aout -m /usr/X11R6/lib/aout

When I copy this over from my -STABLE machine and try this I get:

monkey: {5} ldconfig -aout -m /usr/X11R6/lib/aout
ldconfig: /var/run/ld.so.hints: No such file or directory

Do I need to do something else in addition to this?

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

On the eve of his 21st birthday, he set out on his own
He was 30 years and runnin' when he found his way back home
Ridin' a storm across the mountains and an achin' in his heart
Said he came to turn the pages and to make a brand new start