Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:46:14 -0500
From:      "Cheney Brothers, Inc." <cbi@cheneybrothers.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Memory Leak

Hello,
    I am running veriosn 2.2.8 of FreeBSD and I am having this problem
with memory disappearing.

    I am running 196 megs of ram and after a fresh reboot of the server
I have approx 140 megs free, after an hour I may have 116 megs free and
it continues to go down and down untill I am around 2000K and then it
might go upto 30 megs free and bounce right back down ro 3000K.

When it gets real low my cgi's can't run anymore and I have to do a
reboot about once a day.

Any help would be appreciated.  Are you aware of anything like Apace 1.3
not releasing memory or something in the OS I can get a fix for?

Thank You!

-Mike