Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:15:53 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kai=20Pl=FCgge?= <kaipluegge@web.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with netscape7 on 4.7-release

hi everybody
i got a strange error. i installed netscape 7 on freebsd 4.6-release with no problems. works really fine. a few days ago i updated to 4.7-release and installed netscape7 the same way i did with 4.6 (from ports). now, when i start netscape (with "/usr/local/bin/netscape7english") i got this error:
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=.
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:./Cool
          LIBPATH=.:./Cool
       SHLIB_PATH=.:./Cool
      XPCS_HOME=./Cool
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./netscape-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXt.so [libXt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library libXext.so [libXext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

netscape came up and asked me which profile i wanted to use so i choose the "default". then it said, netscape couldn't use this profile because it's in use. i created a new and it worked. but when i closed netscape and run it again it asked me again which profile to use. so i choose my new created profile and it said again that it can't use it because it is in use. i rebooted my box but nothing changed. linux_base 6 & 7 are installed. both SO are in /usr/X11R6/lib/.
i made symbolic links to /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape7-english/ and after i doesn't solve the problem i tried /usr/local/lib/ but the problem still exists. can anybody help me?
thank you

greets kai