Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:28:40 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        phill@FreeBSD.ORG (Phillip Salzman)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Livingston/Lucent RADIUS

On 30 Nov 1999 11:11:16 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you wrote:

>Has anyone successfully ran the Livingston's beta
>RADIUS (compiled for BSD/OS) on FreeBSD?
>
>We seem to be having problems while migrating a server.

We used to run it.  If I recall, there were just a couple of small
#includes that needed to be cleaned up to stop some compile warnings, but
other than that, it worked fine. Where is it falling over on you ?

I am sure others have probably suggested, but I will say it again... Check
out the Cistron RADIUS.  Does everything the Lucent RADIUS does, and then
some.  From a tech support point of view, the -y option is worth it alone.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)