Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 16:37:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
To:        Tony Chang <tychang1@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IEEE 1394 (firewire) support

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Tony Chang wrote:
> Yes, that's what the sbp part is.  The CD-ROM on my docking
> station connects via firewire without any problems.  I've also
> attached ide drives in an external firewire enclosure without
> any problems (both cd-rw drives and hdds).  I was even able to
> attach a mac formatted FireFly pocket hdd, I just couldn't read
> any of the files because of the mac file system.

Is anyone collecting examples of external firewire hdd's that work?
Particularly any that double as mp3 players?  I see a few here and there
but I'm worried they won't connect - I tried one that a friend owned a few
months ago but while it was recognized I couldn't get it to mount.  I
suppose it might also matter what firewire controller one's got.

	Brian